Attorney in Islamic Estate Planning: Reducing and managing fitna for American Muslim families.
Islamic inheritance is Fard (mandatory) for Muslims, but most Muslims don’t know how to actually implement this obligation. This website is a project of Ahmed Shaikh, Attorney at law, a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization and a long-time Islamic Estate Planning Attorney based in California.
Ahmed is well known in California as an Islamic Estate Planning Attorney. He has been named a “top Attorney” by Coast Magazine for Orange County, California, where he is based (though his clients are all over). We hope to promote harmonious families through Islamic Inheritance and solid estate planning.
American Muslim families need different legal advice.
There are a wide range of laws affecting our society. We all know this. For Muslims, there are unique values and more importantly, rules that are ordained by Allah that apply to us, but do not apply to others.
You want to make your values harmonious with the laws of the place you live in. Ahmed has written and spoken widely on the the Islamic Rules of Inheritance as it applies to American Muslims and has the real world experience of working with hundreds of Muslim clients as well as litigating estates where things went badly after death. Among the things Ahmed can help your family with:
- Estate Planning based on the Islamic Rules of Inheritance (fara’id). Few do it, but you should do this before you do anything else. You can set an appointment to do this online.
- Property ownership concerns between spouses (including pre and postmarital arrangements) and children. Do not allow fitna to fester.
- Resolving problems among family members collaboratively through mediation.
- Asset Protection planning to reduce needless risk.
- Estate and Income Tax Planning.
- Charitable Planning, including Charitable Remainder Trusts, Foundations and other entities.
You can do this right, here in the United States. While I do not practice law everywhere, this website is meant as an educational community that everyone can benefit from.
Check out our client testimonials.
Sign up for our updates to learn more.